Please read through the following information as you prayerfully consider employment at Providence:
REASONS TO TEACH AT PROVIDENCE
* A heart to use your gift of teaching for the glory of God
* To be a pioneer in a new form of education
* A heart to minister to families through education
* Desire for your kids to attend Providence
* Teachers receive discounted tuition rates
* Enjoy the camaraderie of teaching with like-minded teachers and staff
* Flexibility of teaching part-time
CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE TEACHING AT PROVIDENCE
Typical public and private schools have approximately 180 days of school per academic year. In contrast, Providence will have approximately 68 days for elementary and 102 days for secondary courses per academic year. This adds up to approximately 102 hours of instruction per course per academic year.It is imperative for teachers at Providence to be able to effectively use class time to cover material from textbooks or curriculum. Practically, this means that teachers will cover more material in less time, compared to other types of schools. Record keeping includes attendance, lesson plans and assignment sheets. Since parents are partners in education, there will be specific guidelines with regard to communication between parent and teacher. In grades PK-7, the parent acts as “guide for dependent study” providing practice and instruction at home as supplied by teacher.
*All personnel should have a loving relationship with and an active faith in Jesus Christ.
*All personnel should have a meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing local church whose doctrine and practice bears no contradiction to the basic doctrine and practice of Providence Academy.
*All personnel should have a sincere interest in the spiritual life and Christian education of children.
*All personnel should have a sincere interest in the need for this ministry to use its programs to co-labor with parents in equipping the next generation for Christ centered leadership
* Teachers should have expertise and experience for the courses they desire to teach
* Classroom teachers must hold a degree. Certification is encouraged.
* Ensure prospective teacher understands school model by attending Parent Informational Meeting
* Submit Resume’ and Teacher Application
* Interview with Administrator and/or representative
* References checked
* Second interview, if appropriate
* Classroom observation by Administrator, if requested
* Candidate presented to school board for approval
* Preliminary approval
* Offer letter
* Acceptance letter
* Background check
CURRENT OPENINGS FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
**Please read “Employment Information” thoroughly on website before sending your resume to the appropriate contact. **
*Part-time Spanish instructor
*PreK teacher (at least 3 years experience required)
Email letter of interest and resumé to Rebecca Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBSTITUTE TEACHING POSITIONS
Email letter of interest to Rebecca Hunt at email@example.com.